Pinpoint Laser Treatment for Toenail Fungus
What is the procedure? How does it work?
The fungus that lives under the toenails is treated with a gentle laser light. The light passes through the toenail, killing the fungus underneath without causing damages to the nail or the skin around it. At the time of the procedure the toenail will not become instantly clear, but as it grows out, the new nail may grow out as normal. It can take 6-9 months for a toenail to completely grow out.
- Do I have to have more than one treatment? One treatment kills the fungus under the toenail in most people
- Is the procedure painful? No. The laser treatment is painless.
- How long does the procedure take? The procedure takes about 30 minutes.
- Will the fungus come back? You will be instructed on preventive care techniques to reduce recurrence of the infection. Some Individuals are more likely to become reinfected than others and may require additional treatments.
- When can I paint my nails or have a pedicure? You can apply polish immediately after the treatment. It is important to remove all nail polish and nail decorations the day before your treatment.
- Is this covered by my insurance? Health insurance plans do not cover this procedure or treatment.
- How long have you been doing this? Clinical trials have been going on since last year with an initial success rate over eighty-five percent. This is the first time this treatment has been offered to the public.
- What is FDA cleared mean? Our laser has been cleared for dermatological use by the FDA. This is considered a dermatological procedure.
- Who developed the laser procedure? This procedure to kill fungus under toenails was developed around a new state-of-the-art laser produced by Patholase Corporation in Chico California.